10.08.2010

Sun Rays and Snow Caps

This morning it was an early one for sure. On the road at 6:00 am- streets quiet, crisp weather, and the sky still black as ever. I drove the husband to the airport so he could catch a plane back home to photograph a friends wedding. I wish that I was able to go, but duty calls and I have the office and store to attend to! I was sad to leave him- ya, I know it's only for a few days but come on! We are newlyweds! And newlyweds that have crazy adventurous fun together. He's my best bud, and my husband- the best of both worlds. I think that is why most people never see us "PDA" or wrap ourselves around each other in public. There is no need to! Plus come on... 99% of the time we are with friends. When we are kickin' it with friends we are all best pals having a great time. There is no such thing as a third wheel or that ushy-gushy awkwardness in our realm, and I like it that way! 


So driving back home and being sad wife, I was astounded and awestruck by the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen. Behind me, crazy colors and infront of me rain and snow over the mountains. It was incredible. 




I'd like to think that my dad painted that sunrise for me today. He always read this book called Grandpa Bunny Bunny. It was about a bunny who lost a loved one, and he painted the sky for him so that he knew he was still there. I needed a little hug today, and I got more than a hug. Daddy gave me a sunrise.


It's hard to see but the sunrise illuminated the snow on Mt. Evans. Seeing snow capped mountains brought back this childish giddy excitement about the season turning over! 




Since it was the most beautiful peaceful morning, I couldn't help but snap shots in stand still traffic on 70 and I-25. It made me so thankful to be placed in a city that is charming, resplendent, and radiant.-- I, like the city, have become more radiant and resplendent since my father's passing. Perhaps he was trying to point that out and say, "Look at you and what you have become".




Though it was early, it was so peaceful and rewarding getting up early and seeing the world wake up. And also a little something extra from my dad. 


It meant more to me having that sunrise today, than the past 22 years on earth with him. 

One thing this past year has taught me:
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE ANYTHING BUT HAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment