10.24.2010

If Life Was Easy...


Getting back in the groove and finding new ones must have been what fall had in store for me in her dusty leaf filled pile this season. This week was full with travel, laughter, friends, and great family. Though I am getting settled more and more here, it never fails that I can't sit still. Maybe that's a good thing and it just keeps me on my toes, but I blame it on the mountains. I can't seem to ever get my fill, so George and I spent the day in Breckenridge on Thursday. 


It was so beautiful and to attempt to describe the atmosphere in words, it wouldn't do it justice.
i believe there is something majestic in the mountains, it captures the very core of man.


Meandering about the town and staring at the face of the mountains almost drooling in excitement for the slopes to open in 22 days... this explains most of our trip. We found our way into a spice and tea shop and I picked up this great Shaman tea. I had about 4 cups yesterday and am completely hooked.


It is freeing to get out into the Rockies. It does good to the mind, body, and soul breathing in the mountain air and getting completely lost subconsciously in nature. We didn't want to ever leave this place.  As the storms brewed ahead, we decided to make our way home and say farewell to this mountain town. We will see you soon...  

Looking back about a year ago, I would never have thought that I would be living in Colorado and be at the doorstep of the Rockies. I am forever thankful for life leading us here and also putting family 18 miles away. Not a day goes by that I take this new life for granted. Maybe my mind is reassuring something to me or perhaps trying to instill something deep within me, but the other day I had this random thought--

If life was easy, where would all the adventures be?

Everyone gets curve balls thrown at them in life and bumps in the road. If it weren't for those bumps and pot holes and maybe a few blown out tires, we never would have made the move out to Colorado. We use all these metaphors for hard times and trials in life such as- road bumps, walls, and storms... but what if instead of looking at them in a negative light, we learn to rejoice and be excited for the challenge to come and see where it will take us next. 

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.





No comments:

Post a Comment